Welcome!

Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Karen Snyder and I've been a crafter for about as long as I can remember. I am a stay-at-home-Mama of two beautiful children with a husband who makes my dreams possible.

This blog is about all sorts of crafting. I am a paper-crafter from early days, a jewelry-maker with an unending obsession for chain maille. I make chain maille purses, many of which will be chronicled in this blog as their future owners await their completion. I love metalsmithing. I am an indifferent beader and don't get me anywhere near seed beads... they scatter, screaming to get away from me. I love to try new things, have a short attention span so if its a long-term project... I'm probably not doing it LOL.

If you have questions, ask. If you have tips, share. Same with suggestions - share! I want this to be a great forum for people to brainstorm and problem-solve with a good attitude. Crabby Apples need not respond, this is a feel-good kind of blog :)

Thursday, October 14, 2010

1100 Facebook Fans Celebration


1100 Facebook Fans!  Wahooooooooo!  I'm so honored and thrilled to be able to write this blog entry and to say "thank you" to everyone who has helped make this possible.  You know me, I've got something fabulous to give away! 

I don't have a name for these earrings yet (and any suggestions would be welcome!) but they are the latest of my chain maille designs.  I finally found a way to combine fidget jewelry and chain maille!  The outer circle is made from 16 gauge sterling silver and rotates freely around a section of gold-filled byzantine weave.  The drops shown are sapphire Swarovski crystals and the winner can choose another color if they would like.

That's not all folks!  I'm so proud to say that this time, the winner will receive two pairs of earrings.  The second set, made from clear and red crystals, were designed by my four-year-old son Sebastian! 

As always, to enter you must leave a comment on this post with your name and email address.  The drawing will be open until Saturday evening (October 16, 2010) and I will announce the winner then. 

Thank you seems like such a small thing to say at a time like this.  I am grateful to each and every one of you for supporting and encouraging what I do!

27 comments:

  1. Well done Karen, so well deserved! The earrings are absolutely stunning and the ones your son designed are just so sweet!

    Paula
    paula.weir@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are gorgeous. Love your earrings and your son's look stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once i saw the pair Sebastian made i Knew i had to enter! I know your 1 PROUD Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Paula, Gammie and Hope! I am SO proud of Sebastian's work! What a joy for me as a Mama :) You are each entered in the drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on your major milestone!!!!
    I love little creative minds, so much so, that I will be doing "learn to bead" parties ... it is amazing what they can come up with.

    Cushla Bidgood
    cushy71@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations and pick me this time!!!

    Maria L.

    Sylentskye@gmail.com (but you can contact me through fb, you know who I am :) )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous. Those would look soooooo good on me!

    gloriasimpson@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cushla you are so right about little creative minds! You are going to have such a marvelous time with those parties :) You are entered in the drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL Gloria, I have noted that these would look good on you :) You are entered in the drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mah-velous dah-ling! As always ^_^

    Bev Peychal
    bpeychal@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much Bev LOL -- you too are entered for the drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Karen.. a name huh??? How about "chained melody"?

    They are gorgeous and Sebastians are stunning!
    What a little artist you have there!

    Congratulations on reaching another milestone, I know each one has so much meaning..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well you know I can't resist entering to win not only one of your creations, but that of your talented son as well! Congratulations on 1100!!! I can't wait to get my absolutely STUNNING bracelet in! <3
    junie_milam@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are beautiful! Congratulations on your milestone. I too, have become more interested in chainmaille, but it can def be tedious, so I find I have to be the right frame of mind LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations Karen. I am still trying to find my way through your items to decide what I want!! You need to slow down though as you keep adding more!!!! LOL No don't as they just get better and better!! I can see your son is just as creative as his mum. Well done Sebastian and Karen.

    thetribe08@xtra.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hear "Three Part Harmony" chiming on behaf of 1100 fans! Congrats, Karen! ;) Sheree
    damselfly_sas@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Bette! I like "Chained Melody!" Thank you so much for the well wishes and the encouragement you never fail to bring my way. You are entered to win!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you Junie, Laurie, Anita and Sheree - you are all entered in the drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Simply gorgeous! Your son has definitely inherited your creative genes! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you so much Monique, you are entered in the drawing :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. You know how much I love your Jewelry but when I saw your purse I thought that was amazing. If anyone has not seen it it is there lose...Your earrings are beautiful. You and Seb have great idea's.I can only imagine how long it muct take you to creat such masterpieces...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you so much Rene:) You are entered to win!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous earrings!

    Kirsty Fox
    robertfox24@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats on making 1100
    Princess MIa
    im_not_a_princess@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sebastian has great talent, and I see where he gets it! :-) Congrats on the 1100.

    Marilyn
    marilyn_520@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Kirsty, Mia and Marilyn, you are each entered to win.

    The drawing is now closed and a winner is coming up!

    ReplyDelete