Welcome!

Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Karen Snyder and I've been a crafter for about as long as I can remember. I am a stay-at-home-Mama of two beautiful children with a husband who makes my dreams possible.

This blog is about all sorts of crafting. I am a paper-crafter from early days, a jewelry-maker with an unending obsession for chain maille. I make chain maille purses, many of which will be chronicled in this blog as their future owners await their completion. I love metalsmithing. I am an indifferent beader and don't get me anywhere near seed beads... they scatter, screaming to get away from me. I love to try new things, have a short attention span so if its a long-term project... I'm probably not doing it LOL.

If you have questions, ask. If you have tips, share. Same with suggestions - share! I want this to be a great forum for people to brainstorm and problem-solve with a good attitude. Crabby Apples need not respond, this is a feel-good kind of blog :)

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Enter to Win a Pair of Romanov Earrings

Okay Facebook, I'm following your rules! LOL! From now on, the entries for my contests will be posted here on my blog. As always, all you have to do is leave a comment to be entered to win. Today's Question is: What is your least favorite article of clothing? I DETEST bras! I never leave the house without one because... well, because my Mama made sure she drilled that one into me, never mind that it would be a huge act of indecency for me to walk about with the girls untamed. But the minute I'm in the house, off it comes!

21 comments:

  1. What? Fb don't let you do this there?
    Oh well, I don't have the answer to your question today, sorry! You don't have to count me but just curious what Fb had said to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ms. Passion I didn't get in trouble with FB, but I did find that I wasn't following their rules for holding give-aways. I decided to move the entries to my blog so that I would be in compliance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm... my least favorite would have to be the bathing suit. After 2 (almost 3) kids I just have absolutely NO desire to go strutting around in one of those anymore :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well... Karen & Jennifer beat me to BOTH things I hate the most! I guess 3rd would be pantyhose- but haven't worn those in years! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i hate to go around with jeans as they give a weird shape to my bums while walking:P
    Princess Mia :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! Jennifer, Junie and dsiscalledlyf you are all entered! And Jennifer? I tried on a bathing suit last summer... saw myself in the mirror and thought to myself, "Oh no, those days are over!" LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i agree with you, it would have to be bras!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bras are evil -- and thanks for letting me know who you are Mia :) Ashley you are entered!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to agree with you also about the bras- but socks can be evil as well! Between spinning around your foot (so the seam is all wrong) to sliding down into your shoe, they're just annoying. I go barefoot whenever possible! (not when I am wearing shoes though, gross!)

    (this is Maria Lothrop on facebook :) )

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't need to be entered because I've already won some of your beautiful earrings, but I still like to play along! I hate bras as well, ICK! At home, I never wear one, but like you that is impossible out in the real world! As a matter of fact I need to buy a new one, but I hate shopping for them too! Espcially since they cost so much! :) Tiffany Loveland!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Socks are just awful -- I'm convinced they aren't made for real feet. You are entered Maria!

    Tiffany, whoever on earth decided that a good bra should cost so much should be shot! I have a very weird size and usually have to pay upwards of $60 per bra when I can find them. However I will say this -- go to a good bra shop and have them measure you. Wearing the right size bra is a whole different experience. Still hate 'em but when I have to wear one, it had better fit properly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. boy it onlt took 2 hrs or more to finally get to post on here, had to sign up with google too ! whee my nerses and patience are shot !!! LOL But here I am :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. i dont like knickers, i mean seriously, apart from when you have your monthly, or it you wear short skirts... whats the point? but yeah, bras, i have a massive cup size, it costs a fortune to support these babies!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dora I SO appreciate your working at it and figuring it out -- and so sorry it was such a pain :( Glad you are here!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My pet hate would have to be a g string - girls walking down the street in front of you forever picking their knickers out of their butt - gross!!

    Paula
    sieradendesigns@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL Paula. Here's how I feel about g-string, t-backs and the like: I've spent nearly 41 years keeping my undies OUT of there... don't hand me something that is SUPPOSED to go there! My hubby once said he'd like to see me in a pair and bought me a pair -- so I bought HIM a pair. Funny, neither of us ever had to wear them :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't much like pantyhose, such a pain! But you know - when ya legs are white (or hairy!), what's a girl to do?? Thank you Karen for changing those settings for me!! (Lisa White)

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOL Lisa -- happy to do it and you are entered :)

    ReplyDelete